After the LCC purchased a site in Hilldrop Road the School opened its
gates in 1907 as Camden Secondary School for Boys.
The first Headmaster was Mr. Augustas Khan who has been followed by many distinguished academics. The current Headteacher is John Dixon.
The origin of the School crest is probably the eagle of St. John's College, Cambridge from which the first Headmaster came, and which owned most of the property in the Brecknock Road area.
The motto is, of course, a Latinised version of the refrain of the Harrow School song which was adopted by Holloway.
The first colours were red and blue but confusion with another school led to a change in 1922-23 to black and white.
During the 2nd World War the School was evacuated to Rugby, then onto Towcester before returning in 1943 when the buildings were shared with the primary and junior schools from Hungerford Road.
In September 1955 the School changed its name once again from Holloway Grammar School to Holloway Comprehensive.
2005 saw an even bigger change when the School attained Specialist Sports College status.
Follow this link for Holloway School's website.